All the involved countries already have their own preparedness plans and practices. The proposed project will focus towards:
- Improving operational planning and preparedness for Union Civil Protection Mechanism operations, building on seismic risk assessment and scenarios (long term).
- Improving the effectiveness of the transnational cooperation provided through the Union Civil Protection Mechanism by improving the knowledge of professionals and volunteers (long term).
- Creating novel educational material for training as well as training methods for professionals and volunteers (medium to long term).
- Increasing awareness of best practices and sharing common resources to be used for training (short to medium term).
- Developing ICT tools for Emergency Shelter Camps to speed up accommodation procedures and improve care and support for the affected people (medium to long term).
- Awareness about the Union Civil Protection Mechanism and Host Nation Support.
- Strengthening of Cross border activities in the course of the project.
- Strengthening of cross border activities in the course of the project.
- Involvement of professionals and volunteers in the activities of the project.
- Seismic Risk Assessment of specific areas.
- Innovative ICT technologies for the multi-language environment.
Engagement of civil protection organisations (Go’s and NGO’s) and other authorities at all levels (national, regional and local) in the actions of the project.