Scenario Workshop – April 19th, 2016
The partners of the PACES project
«Preparedness for Appropriate accommodation in Emergency Shelters»
invite you to the Scenario Workshop:
«Seismic Risk and Response Planning»
The Workshop will take place on Tuesday 19th April 2016 at Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas,
Central Building, N. Plastira 100, Heraklion at 08:30 a.m.
Your participation will contribute to better conclusions and results
In case of interest please send the registration form attached until 12/4
English is the formal language of the workshop
The Scenario Workshop is organised in order to discuss different scenarios on possible earthquake events, especially in three seismic prone countries, Greece, Cyprus and Italy. Possible scenarios and contingency plans from different European countries will be demonstrated, to facilitate the dialogue and exchange of experiences between different stakeholders from different fields.
Furthermore, a multi-dimensional approach of after seismic preparedness will take part in the context of the workshop, mainly about evacuation, shelters and international cooperation.
We hope that the discussions will lead to realistic scenarios and conclusions that could boost preparedness potential and contribute to better plans, ICT tools and training courses.
The Speakers are members of both the local and the international scientific community as well as experts from different fields.
The Scenario Workshop is organized by Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas on April 19th, 2016 at FORTH, in Heraklion Crete, Greece.
- PACES Overview – P. Liassides
- Risk Assessment of Cyprus – S. Pilidou
- Seismic Risk Assessment of Heraklion & Relevant Scenarios – C. Gountromichou & D. Kazantzidou
- Seismic Risk Assessment for the Municipality of Limassol & Relevant Scenarios – N. Kyriakides
- Seismic Risk Assessment in Italy and Relevant Scenarios – A. Goretti
- Global Earthquake Model – Working together to assess risk – C. Villacis
- Seismic planning and response at the regional level (Crete)
- M. Gorgoulis
- G. Stratigis
- Cyprus Contigency Plans and Practices – P. Liassides
- Emergency Shelters – The Italian Civil protection experience – S. Ciavela
- National Contingency Plans Malta – M. Brincat
- Evacuation from Theory to Practice – M. Jakopec
- Earthquake response plans & shelters in Greece
- Medical care for victims of mass destruction – N. Giannakoudakis
- The Union Civil Protection Mechanism – D. Kalyviotis
- Management of vulnerable groups in evacuation and temporary camp situations – J. Riener
- Mass Evacuations in Natural Disasters (MEND Guide) – A. Beck
- Past experiences from International Missions – A. Hirschmugl